Real Estate Market Tips
Welcome to New Mexico Select! We're ready to help!
Thank you for visiting the New Mexico Select website. Here you'll find the state's most successful real estate experts, chosen for membership based on their proven abilities to help people like you buy and sell the finest homes available.
How to take advantage of today's housing market.
Sure, the national housing market sounds weak, but here in New Mexico homes are still moving. You just need some expertise to figure out how to make it work to your advantage. You need a solid, experienced agent to help you, one of these members of New Mexico Select. Click on any of the photos below and let one of the state's finest agents show how today's market can work for you!
Looking to buy a single family home in Albuquerque's Northeast Heights?
Need to sell a condo in Rio Rancho? Looking for a lot to build your dream home in Placitas or Santa Fe? Then you've come to the right place because nobody knows the ins and outs of the real estate market in Albuquerque and throughout New Mexico like the members of New Mexico Select.
We'd like to share some of the things we've learned over the years to help you buy or sell a home here in the Land of Enchantment.
If you'd like to learn more about the current market conditions, simply go to our home page and click on any of the member photos. You'll instantly be directed to one of the state's finest and most experienced agents!
Tips for Fine Home Buyers
1. Be sure to always have your new home inspected by a structural engineers prior to purchasing. What you don't know now can cost you in the long run.
2. Get pre-approved BEFORE you start looking for a home. It gives you enormous buying power!
3. When you're buying, also think about your home's resale value. Your home's location will be just as important when you become a seller in the future.
4. If you move often, concentrate on the resale market. New homes often have hidden costs that are not easily recuperated in one or two years.
5. Honesty with your realtor is the key to getting the home that you want. Give them as much information about your needs and financial situation as you can.
6. Buying a home is easier if you have one real estate contact who FIRST listens to your wants and needs, THEN shows you only homes that fit your lifestyle.
7. Try to imagine you and your family in each room of home you're looking at purchasing. Ask yourself if each room works for you.
8. Ask your New Mexico Select agent to help you establish the positives and negatives of the home you're buying. Their experience can be a big help!
9. A creative and flexible perspective not only makes home buying easier -- it also makes it more fun and exciting!
10. Educate yourself on the various fixtures and furnishings found in luxury homes. The ability to identify quality will get you more value for your money.
11. Take your time and find a realtor who listens carefully and can reflect your thoughts back to you. That way, you'll both be on the same page.
12. Try to find a house that has great potential but doesn't necessarily show well. Cosmetics are cheap and you can build equity more quickly.
13. Never try to buy your home without the expertise of a member of New Mexico Select. We know how to help you save time and money as you find your dream home.
Tips for Fine Home Sellers
1. Patience is a virtue, especially in real estate. Your agent is going to be working hard for you so give them the time they need to market your home most effectively.
2. Unclutter and create space! Clutter makes a home seem smaller and therefore less desireable. Closets are particularly important. Consider installing closet organizers and "expanding" closet spaces.
3. Prepare your home for the buyer's eye. Present your home to get a "WOW" from prospective buyers. Your home will sell faster for top dollar.
4. Property preparation is the key in this competitive market. Paint, repair and get your home inspected BEFORE making the home available to buyers.
5. It pays to renovate! A kitchen update can reward a seller with a sizable payback. Also, buying new bed comforters and removing any dated wallpaper is highly recommended.
6. Keep those shades and drapes OPEN! Entering a dark home turns a buyer off every time!
7. If your home has a pool or spa, make sure it sparkles! Keep the patio area neat and yard furniture in good condition.
8. Have your home inspected and repaired BEFORE it's placed on the market. That way you can select the inspector and avoid purchase agreement deadlines.
9. Darker rooms always seem smaller to your buyers, so use higher wattage light bulbs in those rooms and your home will seem much larger.
10. Try not to be there when your potential buyer arrives. Thay may feel uncomfortable and may not be able to imagine it as THEIR home.
11. Place a lot of flowers near the entrance of your home. They'll make your home more inviting. And purple and yellow pansies are good luck!
12. Every day that your home is on the market, pretend that you're the buyer seeing it for the first time. Ask yourself: Is it inviting? Is it perfect?
13. Never try to sell your home without the expertise of a member of New Mexico Select. Trust one of the state's finest real estate experts to find you a qualified buyer in the least amount of time!